This post will simply answer the question, what are backlinks and how to build them?.
And guide you through the simple process of promoting your content using backlinks.
Not only does backlinks help promote your content to different websites on the same niche.
But it can also help you tap into your competitors audience and leverage some of them.
So am going to share with you the best tactics and strategies to double your traffic and build a direct target market.
- What is a backlink to begin with.
- How to build backlinks.
- Do’s and don’t of guest blogging for backlinks
- here are some of the cons of guest blogging
- This helps with leveraging the manual work.
- The benefits of guest blogging on other sites.
- Here’s one of the things to know to understand what are backlinks.
- Guest blogging is not the only option for building links from high domain authority websites.
- Conclusion on what are backlinks and how to build them.
What is a backlink to begin with.
Backlinks are no longer a necessity for SEO only, but they are a must for increasing your organic traffic as well.
Not only that, they can help you build authority and credibility, more on that later.
But for now, let me walk you through the simple process of backlinks.
Which is a process of writing content on other reputable sites n your niche.
That already have the domain authority in search engines and a stable traffic that you can leverage.
But bare in mind that the traffic should engage with the site, or else your efforts can be a waste.
Simple, if that site’s traffic doesn’t engage with their content, they won’t even notice your links to start with.
And that’s the main purpose for posting content on other sites.
The process is that simple, you write on other websites, create a link that will direct the traffic to your website.
And then you can use your content marketing strategy, to collect their emails.
And start promoting your brand to your leveraged audience.
How to build backlinks.
When building your backlinks, you need to make sure that you do your research.
Especially on websites that have your targeted audience.
This will make sure that you leverage the right traffic for your website.
But if you think, your website is ready to segment the different group of people.
Those who can benefit from your products and services, then that’s fine.
But your content must be aligned with the audience of the site which you write for.
That means you should create content with the target audience of that website in mind.
Your content can be unique, but try to fit in their style of writing.
And that way you have a good chance of getting accepted to submit your article.
But before that, you research the website, and start engaging with their content.
This will help you, understand their target audience, what type of content is written on the site.
Their style of writing, and how much value they provide per post, as well as topics they’ve already covered.
Which will make it easier to create content that they’ve not yet covered.
While you also need to make sure the ideas for your topic receives a lot of engagement from their audience.
This will help with creating content, their audience care about and are willing to share in their social media marketing strategy.
When attempting to building links from other websites, make sure They are accepting guest post.
Do’s and don’t of guest blogging for backlinks
- make sure that they accept guest post, this will save your time and effort.
- you can do this by finding sites on your niche that offer guest blogging by searching the name of the website+”submit articles” or + “write for us”
- But you can save your time and search for an article that have a lists of websites.
- Now after finding sites that are relevant to your niche, you can start guest blogging and submit your articles once approved.
- Bare in mind that this sites are looking for people who can be of value to their audience.
- So you will need to come up with a brilliant idea that they can find educative or entertaining, which their audience can enjoy reading.
- Which means they have all the right to reject your pitch.
here are some of the cons of guest blogging
- dont approach sites that ain’t looking for guest posts, eg some people ask me if they can guest blog on my site.
- Which shows me, they don’t do their due diligence, I don’t accept guest posts, and my site is not yet a site you can ask for guest blogging.
- My domain authority is too low, and am not creating enough traffic you can leverage yet.
- So only target sites that makes higher monthly traffic, if you don’t Know how to get the monthly traffic.
- dont worry it’s that simple, you can enter a website you wish to guest blog on below, and search for their monthly traffic. It’s that easy.
This helps with leveraging the manual work.
- You just enter the domain name and search, it will give you data on sites through a site audit report.
- Dont just pitch an idea or attempt to write for a site without understanding the concept of their subject, because this proves you didn’t learn about the site and how they curate content to meet their audience.
- You will be writing for their audience, so their sites, their rules.
- Don’t just focus on building links, build friendships that can increase your connection.
- In this network, the more people know about you, the more influencial you become.
- Don’t spam influencers with email pitches that doesn’t meet their guidelines.
- Which is important before you even submit a request to post on other sites.
- That means don’t forget to read their guidelines if they have one.
The benefits of guest blogging on other sites.
Guest blogging is tiring, but if done correctly, it can have a significant impact on your website.
It can help you establish authority from search engines, which will be of great value to your brand.
Because now you will be able to rank higher on the search engine result pages.
It will also help you establish authority as the best in your field.
It has the potential to introduce you to influencers on your industry, and connect you with thought leaders of your niche.
That will set you up as a thought learder as well, and boost your credibility and trust from your targeted audience.
Here’s one of the things to know to understand what are backlinks.
To be honest, guest blogging is not only about building links to your site from reputable websites and organizations in your field of business.
It helps with so many things including SEO, which is a good thing for brand awareness as well as online presence and strategic planning.
That will increase your traffic, and if you take advantage of it, you can grow your brand as fast as possible, it won’t happen overnight, but it will be good for organic traffic.
Remember that you can even leverage other people, to grow your brand awareness with backlinks by allowing them to write on your behalf.
I can write in your behalf as a content writer, or ghost writer. If you don’t have the time for all the hard work, you can contact me on my contact page for more information.
Visit me now here: contact us
but don’t worry if you got the time, am doing it, and I am sure you can, I will show you how to do it for free. Just continue reading.
Guest blogging is not the only option for building links from high domain authority websites.
Although this strategy can be a bit expensive, but it can help grow your traffic, without much hassle.
But this works best if you have other alternative methods to build authority and credibility.
Because unlike guest blogging, it doesn’t help you that much with creating connection with thought leaders in your field.
What it does, is connecting your brand directly with your targeted audience, which skips the part of connecting to influencers in your niche.
Although the are other ways to connect with thought leaders on your field like speaking at conferences.
Joining groups that engage you with influencers like chamber of commerce.
But guest blogging is the most powerful strategy to build connection and grow a network of influencers.
While advertising at the other end
While advertising is for short gains, because of it’s ability to grow your traffic fast, the downturn happens when you’re ad campaign runs out.
Your engagement with new audience quickly drops.
Unless you increase your ad spend, but with guest blogging.
Your brand will always engage with new audience, because your post on other sites as a guest blogger will be permanent after publication.
From sites that always attract thousands if not millions of monthly search traffic. But I recommend leverage both strategies for maximum traffic.
It might be preferable to start with guest blogging and then advertising later, or ads and then guest blogging. That’s totally up to you.
Conclusion on what are backlinks and how to build them.
In order to effectively build backlinks, you first need to understand, what are backlinks and how to build them.
That will be of impact, to your efforts and start leveraging this tactics and use them to your advantage.
But always remember the do’s and don’t before you engage.
Because you don’t want to waste time, energy and enthusiasm.
Only to get rejected from Everytime you commit to guest blogging.
Yah sometimes you might get rejected, that’s fine.
But reduce the rejections by following the guidelines of websites you wish to write for.
And when submitting your article, make sure the links are dofollow links, if the links are nofollow, you won’t be able to leverage the traffic.
Because search engines will never follow up with your links and your efforts will be wasted.
Do your research and make sure that you approach the right website.
Websites with a higher domain authority and credibility, as well as higher monthly traffic.
And the sites audience must engage with the website, you can look at their comments, if you find no comments or less.
That’s simple, if their audience is not engaged, pass.
And start looking for a better site that will be worthy your time.
Once again thanks for your time and effort, for reading this post on what are backlinks and how to build them.
Don’t forget to leave your comment below, if you have anything to add or a question to ask.
Remember I am open to write content in your behalf, either from guest blogging sites.
And straight from your website as a ghost writer, visit contact us for more info.
You can even choose to join our growing list that provides premium info.
That is so important to your marketing efforts.
Avoid writing long comments, they might be detected for spam.👍by